Re: CMS? Web site? WordPress?

Subject: Re: CMS? Web site? WordPress?
From: Tony Chung <tonyc -at- tonychung -dot- ca>
To: TECHWR-L Writing <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 00:27:10 -0700

(Sorry to butt in ... I'm not Mike)

No. Rob's original message specified that "only particular people can
update, blogs, pictures from events...." Wordpress single-user would be fine
in this case. I misread the original WP 3.0 announcement in thinking that
multi-user would provide a smoother upgrade path from the current 2.9.2
(which is excellent, BTW).

However, if the website would be used in the development of microsites to
feature different products or services, then that could be an opportunity to
explore WPMU. Users could apply different themes for each site. To manage
microsites on a single-user installation, the developer would have to set up
multiple page tempates, and content editors would have to select the
specific page template they wanted for their posts.

-Tony

--
Tony Chung: Creative Communications
Cell: +1-604-710-5164