Re: First Technical Writer

Subject: Re: First Technical Writer
From: Chris Morton <salt -dot- morton -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 19:57:06 -0800

Right... me neither. But I've somehow managed to work for Microsoft, HP and
Que Corporation (praise God). I've also had a cover story appear
on Ziff-Davis's (now-defunct) *Windows Sources* magazine and was their
Windows tips editor for a few months before they pulled the plug on that
title.

Not having my degree has been a minor impediment. I lost a fulltime gig with
the Dept. of Homeland Security because of it, although it was their loss and
not ordained. Still, it meant having to continue the job search, ultimately
resulting in my having to commute to Oakland four days/week (7 hrs.
round-trip) for nine months. I'm guessing I didn't get a foot in the door at
Surewest Communications because of this, too, but I'll never know for sure.

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com