Re: Jealousy in the work place

Subject: Re: Jealousy in the work place
From: Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2010 12:41:43 -0500

> I've seen a lot of these kind of personality clashes in the workplace, and I have learned that in this kind of battle, a battle for the heart and mind of the boss, victory always goes to the side that shoots first. You MUST be the one who brings the complaint to the boss first. The boss doesn't care about justice. What the boss wants more than anything else is a quick and easy resolution, so he is always inclined to go with his first impression of the situation, which he will get from the first one to complain. Whoever reaches him first will poison the well for the other, regardless of right.

Find: boss
Replace: bad boss

> (It is possible have an uncommon boss, one who would actually spend the time and energy to make a reasoned investigation into the situation and try to find the truth of the matter. But they are very few and very far between.)

I'd like to think I was one of the uncommon ones. I took my management
job seriously as a manager, not as a boss. If you (generic "you"...
feel free to replace with "all y'alls") don't know the difference
between a manager and a boss, 1) I'm sorry, and 2) do all potential
employees a favor and never become a manager. ;-)

--
Bill Swallow

Twitter: @techcommdood
Blog: http://techcommdood.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/techcommdood

Available for contract and full time opportunities.

STC Ideas: http://stcideas.ning.com
Join: http://stcideas.ning.com/?xgi=6X1vNGI

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com