Developing help for Apple (Mac) and Windows - tools etc. question

Subject: Developing help for Apple (Mac) and Windows - tools etc. question
From: Debbie Hemstreet <deborah -dot- hemstreet -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 15:41:01 -0500

Hi Everyone,

I have a client that wants online Help developed for a MacIntosh
application. That same application is run on a PC in a Mac emulator.
Since the emulator works for a lower OS version than currently available
on a MAC, the help for the applications on a PC can run in Windows.

The client is currently using an old version of Adobe's Go Life to
create their help.

I have a few questions:

1. What tools, if any, can be used on a Macintosh to create online Help
for Macintosh applications?
When they say HTML Help for Mac, is this PURE HTML? Can it have
Java? Flash? Etc.

2. How easy is it to create Help that will fun on both a MAC and a PC?

3. The client is also working on an iPhone version of the SW. What help
is used on an iPhone?

Can you also advise where I can go to research these issues?

I have my own version of Help & Manual. Could it work for such a project?

I have never EVER worked on a Mac, but the client is willing to provide
one for me to work on. They know that I have never worked on a Mac, but
I do use their earlier SW application via a Mac emulator on my PC.

I'd appreciate any thoughts or advice you have on this.

Thanks!

Deborah
http://www.tech-challenged.com

http://www.doctohelp.com/