Re: A different "personality type" angle

Subject: Re: A different "personality type" angle
From: evbarney -at- comcast -dot- net
To: Kevin McLauchlan <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 22:42:48 +0000 (UTC)

Are you a quick study?

When I can find some small thing that relates to previous knowledge â yes. Otherwise â I'd say average.

- if so, then how do you approach that study?

I prefer to watch, listen and discuss rather than read. I'll go for the video option every time.

Are you a slow grinder who gradually fills in a puzzle?

I can and will do exactly that when necessary â or the puzzle involved somehow grabs me. But it's not my preferred method.

- do you do that by reading? by watching somebody? by doing/trying?

Watching â doing/trying â reading step-by-steps â or reading paragraph style instructions â in that order.

Are you a semi-grind, then leap to another aspect, then poke along
a side-trail, then grind some mo.... whoops! sudden GROK of the whole thing...?

EXACTLY!!! Though the order of events leading to the grok-moment vary.

- again, by reading and trying, or by watching somebody who knows, or some other approach?

Watch, listen and discuss is my favorite trio.

Do you need/prefer lots of visuals? Or is well-organized text enough?
Would a decent video be better than a text with pictures?

Video with narrative first choice â step-by-step with graphics close second.

Do you skip over the explanatory BS and go straight to the step-by-step?

YES!!!!

Does it enter your head and stick only if there's a musical sound-track, either with the presentation or on your own iPod(-ish thing)?

Best that way â yes.

Do you need a quiet time and place to work undisturbed (turn down that blasted music, and stop breathing so loud!) ?

Oh lord no! I'm the sort who finds silence deafening, and even prefers to work with others in the vicinity even without interaction (under stress? Take the laptop to the library!) OTOH â I actually prefer to LIVE alone. Go figure.

So â how does all that relate to fandom and brands?

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com