RoboHelp 7 TOC loses the link in the toc to open

Subject: RoboHelp 7 TOC loses the link in the toc to open
From: Robert Courtney <bobsc1 -at- earthlink -dot- net>
To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTS -dot- TECHWR-L -dot- COM
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:32:43 -0800

I am trying to understand how the TOC works opening to the topic id in
the TOC when you click a help icon in the application to open the help.

I created a RoboHelp 7 help file. Made my file folders and created
topics. That works fine. I linked the application using the map file
using text as the id to map. That works fine. I then decided that I
didn't like the layout I had for TOC and decided to move some of the
topics to a new TOC book to make more logical grouping. When I did this,
the TOC stopped opening the topic id in the TOC when I clicked the link
in the application. The topic comes up, but it doesn't open the id in
the TOC.

How do I fix this? I have moved topics back to their original location
and it works. I tried moving the topics to a new folder in the project
manager and modified the TOC manually to create the folder/TOC book for
it and it didn't work.

What is the correlation with the TOC/books, project manager and map file
that would cause this to break? I want to move the TOC around, but not
move and create project manager files. I thought I could do that.

I tried googling for an answer but haven't found anything that really helps.

Thanks,

--
Robert Courtney
Technical Writer