Re: Missing Images in WebHelp Output

Subject: Re: Missing Images in WebHelp Output
From: <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: richard -dot- combs -at- Polycom -dot- com, techpubsmistress -at- live -dot- com
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 22:44:25 +0000

Hi Richard

Combs, Richard wrote:

> In the RoboHelp 8 help topic "Add an image to a topic," it says, "You
> can insert files with the following filename extensions: .gif, .jpeg,
> .jpg, or .bmp."
>
> I was quite surprised and disappointed to see that, since I much prefer
> PNG for screenshots. (I recently got TCS 2 and have begun fiddling with
> the FM->RH workflow in my spare time, but am nowhere near ready to take
> the plunge.)
PNG images work fine in RoboHelp with all outputs. I use them almost exclusively with RoboHelp in both CHM and WebHelp outputs. I think the issue lies with what created the image to begin with. For example, I use SnagIt 8 and my PNG images work fine. I've seen others report that PNGs saved from Visio will fail. There are other apps where the PNG output they create fails as well. Normally re-saving the PNG using a different application will correct the issue.

Cheers... Rick :)

http://www.doctohelp.com/

http://www.ModernAnalyst.com