RE: And since were on about snagit today, here's an easier way to tweet with snagit;

Subject: RE: And since were on about snagit today, here's an easier way to tweet with snagit;
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "jennysubs -at- mac -dot- com" <jennysubs -at- mac -dot- com>, techwr-l List <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 10:14:15 -0500

About texting on cell-phones jennysubs -at- mac -dot- com replied to:
> On Nov 24, 2009, at 4:50 PM, Peter Neilson wrote:
>
> > Robert Lauriston wrote:
> >
> >> Twitter ... post to with a not-very-smart cell phone.
> >
> > Does anyone other than high-school students have any use
> for txting on a
> > cell phone? I finally got my cell provider to turn off my
> txtability.
> > (They used to couldn't.) It was very annoying. Twitter via
> phone could
> > only be worse. Who reads the stuff, anyway?

> Oh, I absolutely use texting. How else could I communicate
> with my 19-year-old son? He won't read email and doesn't
> always answer his phone.
>
> Sometimes I use it to communicate when I'm stuck somewhere
> that I don't want to talk out loud (boring meeting, etc.). Or
> if I want to tell someone something but don't actually want
> to have a conversation.
>
> I thought it was pretty stupid at first, but I've gotten good
> at typing on my iphone. And I'm in my 50s.
>
> Jenny

On my not-smart cellphone, I receive two or three text messages
per year from my PSIL (pseudo-sister-in-law), and as many useless
advertising messages from my cell provider. It's rare enough that
I always wonder who in the room (or the great outdoors) is not
answering their damn cellphone... and then I realize it's the
special ring I assigned to incoming text on my own phone.

The wife and I are just getting into a real estate biz (sideline
for now) and will STILL not be giving out our home or cell numbers.
Instead, we'll have numeric pagers (yes, those still exist) and
will call people back at our convenience.

Really, that's no more of an imposition on potential customers and
biz partners than is letting your cell calls go to voice-mail
while you are driving - as of course all responsible drivers do... :-)

When cellphones get smart enough that they can be used to
manage and update a website (and have full mechanical qwerty
keyboards, not those onscreen things that blot out 2/3 of the
little screens), then I'll switch to a smartphone and figure
it's worth paying the extra many hundreds of dollars.

And by the way, how well do screencaptures sent to a twitter account serve people needing support and viewing on their cellphone screens?

- Kevin

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. Easy to use
but still has all the power you need. Get results fast in an intuitive
authoring environment that works like a familiar word processor.
http://www.helpandmanual.com/