Re: Using Synergy configuration management system with Frame

Subject: Re: Using Synergy configuration management system with Frame
From: GILLIOTTE Valérie <vgilliotte -at- mega -dot- com>
To: "'techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com'" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 09:59:55 +0100

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answers. It gives me a good base to start thinking about it ....

>From what you are saying, I have the impression (but I might change my mind or be wrong) that a configuration management system is what we need ; unfortunately Synergy would not be the best of them.

There are two problems : the development team will not change their configuration management system, the second is that for document management the whole company has just switched from Documentum to Sharepoint, the latter not being the best either apparently ...I am not sure finding a third way would be welcome, but I will check your suggestions for other tools...

I have to check with my development team that Synergy can prevent multiple check-outs.

I guess that it would not be a problem to check-out a whole book as you suggested. But for our screenshots it is a different story. They are all in the same directory and we don't kwow which ones are associated to what book/project. In that case, everyone would need to check out all screenshots I guess. Not many of them are reused, although some of them are. Do you think it is possible for everyone to check out all of screenshots and from time to time to check them in ? Or is it a nonsense to work that way ?

Thanks again. I might get back to you for specific questions too ...

Valerie

This e-mail, including attachments, is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressees.
If you are not a recipient, any use, copy or diffusion, even in part of this message is prohibited. Please delete it and notify the sender immediately.
Since the integrity of this message cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, MEGA cannot be considered liable for its content.

http://www.doctohelp.com/

Help & Manual 5: The all-in-one help authoring tool. Easy to use
but still has all the power you need. Get results fast in an intuitive
authoring environment that works like a familiar word processor.
http://www.helpandmanual.com/