Re: How to indicate a touch on a touch screen

Subject: Re: How to indicate a touch on a touch screen
From: Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 15:54:06 -0700

Apple Computer, Inc. v. Microsoft Corporation, 35 F.3d 1435 (9th Cir. 1994).

See also "Fire in the Valley: The Making of The Personal Computer" by
Paul Freiberger and Michael Swaine, "Computer: A History Of The
Information Machine" by William Aspray and Martin Campbell-Kelly, and
"Gates: How Microsoft's Mogul Reinvented an Industry--and Made Himself
the Richest Man in America" by Stephen Manes and Paul Andrews.

This reminds me of the story Andy Hertzfeld tells about what Bill
Gates said after Steve Jobs accused Microsoft of stealing the Mac's
UI: "Well, Steve, I think there's more than one way of looking at it.
I think it's more like we both had this rich neighbor named Xerox and
I broke into his house to steal the TV set and found out that you had
already stolen it."

http://www.folklore.org/StoryView.py?story=A_Rich_Neighbor_Named_Xerox.txt

On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 10:36 AM, Bill Swallow <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com> wrote:
> I can't find a cite for that claim.

> On Fri, Oct 23, 2009 at 12:14 PM, Robert Lauriston <robert -at- lauriston -dot- com> wrote:
>> Yeah, just like they stole the desktop UI from Xerox.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.