Going nutso with a PDF problem

Subject: Going nutso with a PDF problem
From: "Tammy Van Boening" <info -at- spectrumwritingllc -dot- com>
To: "TechWhirl List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 14:26:33 -0600

TCS 2 - all components up to date with the latest patches

I have successfully distilled this FM document many times before, when all
of a sudden poof- I am getting this bizarre message:

When you create a postscript file, you must rely on system fonts and use
document fonts. Please go to printer properties "Adobe PDF Settings" page
and turn OFF the option "Rely on system fonts only. Do not use document
fonts."

Uh, the fonts that I was initially using (American Standard and Phylliis D)
are installed on my system and I have successfully made PDFs many times
before with these fonts, but in a desperate time crunch, I converted the
fonts to good old Arial and TNR only and yes, I double-checked that, but no
matter what I do, turn off this blasted setting (which I never had to mess
with before) or turn on this blasted setting for my Adobe PDF printer, I get
the same blasted message and FM hangs when I request to distill the document
and I can't this dam___d document to distill in preparation for a PDF.

Any and all advice is appreciated.

TVB

Tammy Van Boening

Owner/Principal

Spectrum Writing, LLC

email: info -at- spectrumwritingllc -dot- com

web: www.spectrumwritingllc.com

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.