RE: How to become a UI design expert? Fast!

Subject: RE: How to become a UI design expert? Fast!
From: Paul Hanson <phanson -at- Quintrex -dot- com>
To: 'Leisa Ashbaugh' <leisa -dot- ashbaugh -at- aisystems -dot- org>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 16:24:57 -0500

Leisa,

http://www.uie.com would be my first stop followed closely behind Rhonda Bracey's site http://www.cybertext.com.au/10353.htm

I have Jakob Nielsen's "Designing Web Usability" [ISBN 1-56205-810-x] and Alan Cooper's "The Inmates are Running the Asylum" [ISBN 0-672-31649-8] in my bookcase. Please, don't use either of them as "the only way to do things."

Get involved in the design meetings when these things are decided. Listen to the requirements as they are explained and use the above resources to think critically about them.

Good luck. Sounds like a great opportunity!

Paul Hanson
Technical Writer
Quintrex Data Systems http://www.quintrex.com