Re: Dual Monitors [WAS: RE: Approach and estimation for acleanup/conversion product - Word docs to FM and OLH]

Subject: Re: Dual Monitors [WAS: RE: Approach and estimation for acleanup/conversion product - Word docs to FM and OLH]
From: Peter Neilson <neilson -at- windstream -dot- net>
To: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 2009 14:00:11 -0400

Fred Ridder wrote:
> But his reasoning is wrong ...

OF COURSE my reasoning is wrong. Why should I put any effort into solid
mathematical reasoning when it's Friday, and a very shakey Friday at
that? I have a 60% probability of rain tomorrow when I'm planning to be
out plopping large numbers of (other people's) chubby little dumplings
up on top of my even chubbier ponies. It's likely that I'll get about
110% wet, even if nobody rides my ponies at all.

If my mathematics were any worse I could probably go into politics and
win hugely by promising to put all of the children into the top three
percent of whatever measurement was under discussion. Ambition,
Distraction, Uglification and Derision, that's how it's done.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.