RE: Review process for online help

Subject: RE: Review process for online help
From: "Phillips, Wanda" <wanda -dot- phillips -at- philips -dot- com>
To: "Gilbert, Brian" <BGILBER -at- transunion -dot- com>, "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 23:00:05 +0200

Our reviewers get the PDF, to help them around the frequently received comment "This is redundant, it's appearing twice on this page." we also give them access to the compiled Help so that they can see the context of use. Generally, reviewers don't look at the offered Help and stick to the PDF (which means we still get lots of comments about information appearing in more than one topic).

For most reviewers, the PDF provides the best review tool around. Word doesn't work well for us, as we don't work in Word and most of our reviewers don't, generally, work in Word (many of them would probably prefer a PowerPoint deck... ha ha ha, it's Friday, right?).

Wanda Phillips
Senior Technical Writer
Philips Healthcare, Ultrasound
22100 Bothell Everett Hwy
Bothell WA 98021-8431
Office: 425-487-7967 (Speed Dial - 157-7967)

An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
Quod non est in actis, non est in mundo.

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.