Re: Industry jargon OK in marketing docs?

Subject: Re: Industry jargon OK in marketing docs?
From: Julie Stickler <jstickler -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2009 14:28:05 -0400

A little more background for you all. However, I am still being a bit
vague abuot the product, because this list is Google-able.

The product in question is enterprise software for tracking and
managing spending on equipment, materials, internal and contract
labor, etc. The marketing document in question is touting how you
can use the software to track and manage costs in a specific industry
that hires, in some cases, hundreds of contractors per project.

While I know the product, I don't know enough about the target
audience for this particular document to know if "contractor spend" is
an acceptable industry term or just our marketing department throwing
around jargon. Personally, I'd rather say "contractor costs" or
"contractor spending" than "contractor spend." Especially since the
term shows up in one of the headings in the document. "How (customer
name) Controls Spend."

2009 tips, tricks, and best practices.