Re: Post-interview: "We'll call you"

Subject: Re: Post-interview: "We'll call you"
From: Janet Swisher <jmswisher -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 18:30:50 -0500

A source I respect, Mark Horstman of Manager Tools
(http://manager-tools.com/), recommends alternating phone and email
messages once a week for *10* weeks following an interview. (That is,
phone one week, email the next, etc.) Reiterate appreciation for the
interview and interest in the position each time. Always be polite and
professional, with no hint of reproach for their delay. You never know
what forces may affect a company's decision process (or their offer to
another candidate falling through).

But meanwhile, by all means, get on with the job search. Horstman also
says: Until you got something, you got nothing.

--
Visit my blog at: http://www.janetswisher.com

http://www.doctohelp.com