RE: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 42, Issue 25

Subject: RE: TECHWR-L Digest, Vol 42, Issue 25
From: "Cindy" <cindy -at- workabledesign -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 07:57:03 -0700

Erika,

Consider the audience's preferences for receiving updated information: push
or pull? If a great percentage of the newsletter subscribers or recipients
are not accustomed to receiving updates via pull mechanisms (news feeds,
tweets, or other tools that they need to consciously subscribe to), then a
push style newsletter delivered via email could reach more people than a
blog. However, if you are sure the audience is willing and able to subscribe
to a blog, and is content with using news feeds to learn that something has
changed on the blog, then go with the blog.

That's my quick two-cents worth. I'd be interested to know what you
ultimately decide to do and why -- if you are willing to share.

Cindy Edwards
(916) 834-2442

Every day you learn something new is a good day!