RE: A big brother moment? email reminders of what you haven't done

Subject: RE: A big brother moment? email reminders of what you haven't done
From: Fred Ridder <docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 15:05:13 -0400

Responding to Connie Giordano, David Downing wrote:

> This sort of thing bothers me as well. I specially am not always happy with the way Amazon.com keeps track of what you've bought, and even what you've looked at, to make recommendations for you. I don't like the idea that someone is looking over my shoulder, keeping track of my habits, and reminding me of them. It especially bothers me when I'm just looking at something in passing that maybe I don't want to be reminded of later, and definitely don't want to be reminded of over and over again.

So if you don't like the way Amazon tries to enrich your shopping experience by anticipating the kinds of products you might want to buy, the answer is simple: don't use Amazon. Other than the Kindle, there is not a single product they sell that is not available elsewhere, usually for a competitive price. Vote with your pocketbook.

Not that this topic has anything to do with technical communications...

http://www.doctohelp.com