Improving Audio Quality in Captivate

Subject: Improving Audio Quality in Captivate
From: Kevin McGowan <thatguy_80 -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 11:27:37 -0400

Hiya folks...

We're creating some elearning materials in Captivate, and even bought a snazzy new professional USB microphone to do it.

I've been playing with different settings, but no matter what I do, Captivate's native audio recorder produces relatively poor sounding stuff. If I record with the same mic, in the same room, with Audacity (a free recording software), the quality is a hundred times better.

I'm now in a debate about how to proceed. Do we record audio in Audacity and go through a fairly tedious process of converting files and importing them into Captivate...or are there other ways we can improve Captivate's native recording facility?

BTW, I'm using Captivate 4.0.

Any useful advice would be great!

Cheers,
Kevin

Chat with the whole group, and bring everyone together.
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9650735

http://www.doctohelp.com