RE: Too many documents open at once?

Subject: RE: Too many documents open at once?
From: "Dan Goldstein" <DGoldstein -at- riverainmedical -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 15:57:19 -0400

The open TMP docs use system resources. There isn't a set number that
you can keep standing before they start to affect performance -- it
depends on your PC. For my PC, if I've got more than 30-40 MB of those
squiggly lines in the folder, things get a little hinky.

Even when I have a bunch of Word docs open, I'm usually making & saving
changes in only one of them -- so if I just close and open that doc, I'm
back to business.

By the way, one of the posters mentioned autosave -- I *never* autosave,
save in background, or allow fast saves.

This message contains confidential information intended only for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing, copying, electronic storing or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please notify us, by replying to the sender, and delete the original message immediately thereafter. Thank you.

http://www.doctohelp.com