RE: "Select" in lieu of other verbs

Subject: RE: "Select" in lieu of other verbs
From: "Boudreaux, Madelyn (GE Healthcare, consultant)" <MadelynBoudreaux -at- ge -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:05:58 -0500

As always, while I don't necessarily agree with all the opinions given
(and how could I, when they vary so greatly?), I really appreciate the
clarity the discussion inevitably brings. Just knowing that there are
others who agree with me, and why, helps me frame my response.
Furthermore, knowing that others have come to the same conclusions as
the engineer ALSO helps me feel more comfortable if I go that route.
It's a strange kind of clarity, but if I squint at it the right way, it
works.

I used to work in a department where I could just turn around and bounce
issues off other people; I don't really have that luxury anymore, and
you all to take a walk around the building with me).

Thanks, everyone. One day, I am either going to be a good technical
writer (with your help) or I'm going to run off and join the circus*.

Sincerely,
Madelyn Boudreaux

*Or become a pastry chef, or something else unlike technical writing.

http://www.doctohelp.com