RE: Networking Groups - downside?

Subject: RE: Networking Groups - downside?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- users -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:58:45 -0500

Downing, David

> From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
> Subject: RE: Networking Groups - downside?
>
> I don't see this as off-topic, unless all discussions of interacting
> with colleagues and potential customers and employers are off-topic.
>
> In some businesses, it's de rigeur to be a member of one or another
> social networking system.
>
> I would want to know what precautions people take when they do join
> social networking groups online.
>
> Is there any way to keep your personal-social and your business-social
> presences separate? Without lying on the sign-up forms?
>
> - Kevin (not a member)
>
> ------------------------
>
> Isn't it simply a matter of being careful what you say?

What's this strange word "simply" that you use?

There might or might not be standards for "participation" in the
network. Being too close-mouthed might be seen as stand-off-ish and ....
er.... unmutual.

Saying "I'd tell you, but then I'd have to kill you" might be amusing
the first few times, but it could soon wear thin.

- Kevin
Rover? Rover?? Is that you?

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com