RE: Need tips on Quick Start Guides

Subject: RE: Need tips on Quick Start Guides
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>, "Cardimon, Craig" <ccardimon -at- m-s-g -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:52:51 -0500

He didn't say whether it was for software, hardware, or a combination.

Depends on the industry and on the requirements the QSG must meet.

Mine just has to get the customer to the point where they start to
install the software (at which point my main docs become available), so
most of the QSG is pictorial stuff related to hardware, connecting
things, etc.

Also, for Common Criteria compliance for the type of product we sell, a
checklist is required that verifies the "paper" and handling trail of
the received product, so I include that as the first two pages of my
QSG. If you don't pass that, don't bother following the rest of the
booklet - just pack it up and call somebody; there's been a security or
handling breach somewhere.

- Kevin

John Posada offered:
> Subject: Re: Need tips on Quick Start Guides
>
> > Looks like I need to create my first Quick Start Guide.
> >
> > Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Find a QSG on the net that you like and do what they did, but with
> your own words, of course. :-)

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com