RE: Hiring, but it's a secret?

Subject: RE: Hiring, but it's a secret?
From: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
To: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>, "voxwoman" <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 13:49:40 -0500

I'm way out of practice. I had head-hunters coming at me from all sides
after I was hired here, during the tech bubble. I'm glad I kept saying
"No", because I think all the potential hiring companies they
represented are long gone.

In the intervening years, I still get the calls, but only a few per
year, so there's no confusion. Even when they're not trying to get me to
relocate I continue to politely decline and "Thanks fer comin' out!"
Never know when I might need 'em.

It's good to know that at least some of you are still getting the phones
rung off the hook to the extent that you have to pay attention to keep
them all straight... ahem.... :-)

- Kevin
(In Ottawa, Canada, eh? Where we have a fresh 30-centimeter coating of
snow, and are in the second day of a transit strike (first one in 12
years))

or disclosing it.

http://www.doctohelp.com