Re: Windows 3.1 to Windows 95

Subject: Re: Windows 3.1 to Windows 95
From: Mike Starr <mikestarr-techwr-l -at- writestarr -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 2008 20:26:57 -0600

It seems to me that Microsoft devoted their efforts with Office 2007 to the casual user, failing to take into consideration the skilled users who rely on advanced functions. One of the things they did with the new Word 2007 interface was make the custom toolbars many of us have created for ourselves and others next to impossible to use. Thus the third-party tools that have been developed to restore the prior interface.

One of the mantras of technical communication is audience analysis which should also apply to software development. I'm of the opinion that Microsoft devoted their efforts to those who're not skilled with the tool and forgot about those of us who use it for a living.

Mike
--
Mike Starr WriteStarr Information Services
Technical Writer - Online Help Developer - Technical Illustrator

http://www.doctohelp.com