Re: A doozy even for Word (Joe Armstrong)

Subject: Re: A doozy even for Word (Joe Armstrong)
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "Sean Brierley" <sbrierley -at- accu-time -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2008 14:46:44 -0400

Yes, Mystery Meat navigation, something that's been mocked on bad website
design blogs (and pre-blog websites) for years.

My analogy for Word 2007 is that it's like having someone come in and clean
your kitchen, and they took it upon themselves to rearrange all the
cupboards. Everything looks great, but nothing is where you put it. So, when
you need the tablespoon, or a saucepan, you have to open every single drawer
and cabinet to find it. You know it's there, but you don't know where it is
anymore. It's highly frustrating. I'm sure it has been delightful for
managers when everyone's productivity took a nosedive as they had to
familiarize themselves all over again with a product they've been using for
decades.

The fact that there are copycats reproducing bad design decisions doesn't
make the initial decision any better. When I am in the mood for a puzzle
game, there are plenty of real games to choose from. It does not belong in a
word processing program.

-Wendy

http://www.doctohelp.com