RE: Info about online Master's degree programs from U.S

Subject: RE: Info about online Master's degree programs from U.S
From: "Cindy Edwards" <cindy -at- workabledesign -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 12:39:55 -0700

Kumar,

I am a few months away from completing an MS in Instructional Design and
Technology at CSU Fullerton, and my experience has been excellent. The whole
program has provided a much richer experience than I ever expected, and
certainly more robust than any face-to-face class I've ever sat through.

Although the idea of setting your own schedule and of working at 2am if you
so choose is romantic, it comes with a huge responsibility to enforce
discipline on oneself. Also, it is tempting to think that an online program
requires less "class time." Not true. On average, expect (and plan) to
devote more time each week to an online program than you would devote to a
face-to-face program.

Online learning is not for everyone, but it is great for some people (like
me). If the university you are considering has a tutorial or prep test,
check it out. Most offer a freebee tool for prospective students, often
named something like "Is online learning for me?"

Anyway, I would do another online master's program in a heartbeat. If I can
find a good doctoral program online, that will be my next hobby!

If you want to ask me any more questions, feel free to send me an email or
give me a call.

Cindy Edwards
Instructional Designer
(916) 834-2442
cindy -at- workabledesign, com

Every day you learn something new is a good day!

http://www.doctohelp.com