RE: "and then," or simply "then"?

Subject: RE: "and then," or simply "then"?
From: "Sean Brierley" <sbrierley -at- Accu-Time -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 08:48:44 -0400

is this topic still going well remember that oral and written
communication are actually different and if you have three choices for a
sentence and two are grammatically correct and one is not and all three
are clear concise and unambiguous and your reason for not writing the
correct one is only that when you personally speak the sentence you dont
pause as much as the correct grammar would indicate to you then i
suggest you consider your approach to writing in general for it might be
that none of the common underpinnings of the written language really
work for you personally when you speak and you might just prefer to
chuck the lot as for me im open to breaking a rule on a consistent basis
if i have a good reason to but you know your audience so if theyre going
to judge incorrect grammar in light of your speaking preferences then go
for it i do however recommend you be consistent in that approach cheers
sean