RE: Moving to Word 2007

Subject: RE: Moving to Word 2007
From: "Margaret Hassall" <Margaret -dot- Hassall -at- computershare -dot- com -dot- au>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:57:27 +1000

Gene wrote: I find it much more satisfying to bend reality to my will.

I've never had much success with that - pity :-)

Anyway, I have recently upgraded to 2007 and found it much easier than
expected. I used the MS list of 2003 - 2007 commands a lot at first,
which was very helpful. That and adding items to the Quick Access
Toolbar make working easy. For our company, the improved interaction
with Share Point makes a big difference. I have not yet worked out our
own themes, but only this week I have experimented with creating our own
"ribbon" to replace our company toolbars, and I am happy with the
progress so far. My early reading said you can't change the ribbon which
was a concern as we have a lot of Word and Excel toolbar macros. But you
can with a bit of XML fiddling.

I'm part of a pilot upgrade - when we upgrade everyone we will point
people to the MS tutorials rather than try and create our own courses
(we are a big company). I have stepped through most of them and found
them very helpful as well. The online help, though, is not as good.
There are lots of little things that are useful - zoom factor, create
PDF, copy/paste, document inspector,

Cheers,
Margaret

From: "Butler,Darren J CTR USAF AFMC 584 CBSS/GBHAC"
<Darren -dot- Butler -dot- ctr -at- Robins -dot- af -dot- mil>
> The way the commands are now grouped seem goofy to me so shortcuts may
> be the answer for folks like myself.
> I still believe in "if it ain't broke, don't fix it"

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
Tammy -dot- VanBoening -at- chartercom -dot- com -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/tammy.vanboening%40ch
artercom.com

E-MAIL CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

The contents of this e-mail message and
any attachments are intended solely for the
addressee(s) and may contain confidential
and/or legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient of this message
or if this message has been addressed to you
in error, please immediately alert the sender
by reply e-mail and then delete this message
and any attachments. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are notified that
any use, dissemination, distribution, copying,
or storage of this message or any attachment
is strictly prohibited.

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/

You are currently subscribed to TECHWR-L as
Margaret -dot- Hassall -at- computershare -dot- com -dot- au -dot-

or visit
http://lists.techwr-l.com/mailman/options/techwr-l/margaret.hassall%40co
mputershare.com.au

This email and any files transmitted with it are solely intended for the use of the addressee(s) and may contain information that is confidential and privileged. If you receive this email in error, please advise us by return email immediately. Please also disregard the contents of the email, delete it and destroy any copies immediately.
Computershare Limited and its subsidiaries do not accept liability for the views expressed in the email or for the consequences of any computer viruses that may be transmitted with this email.
This email is also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.

http://www.componentone.com/DocToHelp/