RE: Moving to Word 2007

Subject: RE: Moving to Word 2007
From: "Butler, Darren J CTR USAF AFMC 584 CBSS/GBHAC" <Darren -dot- Butler -dot- ctr -at- Robins -dot- af -dot- mil>
To: "David Rapport" <dave -at- netmedia -dot- net -dot- il>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2008 13:19:27 -0400

David,

Like some other Microsoft users, I strongly dislike most of the Office
2007 Suite and I am disgusted with Word 2007, but I am required to use
it. If you feel that you have to up-(down?)-grade to Word-07, here are a
few suggestions that I wish I'd done when I first got "upgraded."

1. ALTHOUGH THE BOX DENOTES A NEW VERSION OF MS-WORD, TREAT IT LIKE A
WHOLE NEW APPLICATION. This would've greatly reduced my frustration
level.

2. FIND SOME SORT OF TUTORIAL AND *TAKE IT*.........*TWICE*. I
should've swallowed my pride when one was offered; "How different could
it be?...." - I said.

3. KEEP YOUR OLD VERSION RESIDENT. I was unable to do this due to
company policy.

4. *DO NOT* USE WORD-07 FOR A "NEED IT YESTERDAY" PROJECT UNTIL YOU ARE
*VERY* COMFORTABLE WITH IT. You'd be amazed at how much collective time
is wasted hunting for commands that used to be easy to locate. Also, I'm
finding the things that used to take me 2 clicks to accomplish now take
me 3 or 4 or 5 because it's buried inside a sub-layer of the ribbon.

My $0.02.

Darren