TOPIC RESET: ......Question about Fairness doctrine AND Technical Communication

Subject: TOPIC RESET: ......Question about Fairness doctrine AND Technical Communication
From: "Butler, Darren J CTR USAF AFMC 584 CBSS/GBHAC" <Darren -dot- Butler -dot- ctr -at- Robins -dot- af -dot- mil>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:36:48 -0400

All concerned,
I think the topic can- and really should-be salvaged, *if* we can all
raise this back to the level of fact-finding and/or spirited debate. We
all need to take a long look at this subject because it involves the
dispensation of information which is our trade. Also, I have a small
background in broadcasting and would like to return to it someday, so
I'm very interested in learning all that I can.

Unfortunately this subject comes already shrink-wrapped in politics, so
restraint must be exercised by all, even a "recovering smart-alec," such
as myself.

Many people on this list write for the scientific community, which is
becoming more politicized every year (e.g. Global Warming). Federal
policies such as these can greatly affect how/what they write.

-Darren