Re: Why didn't they ask US for help???

Subject: Re: Why didn't they ask US for help???
From: Keith Hood <klhra -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com, "Downing, David" <DavidDowning -at- users -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2008 09:41:12 -0700 (PDT)

It doesn't necessarily have anything to do with politics or egos. Most people simply don't realize just how bad they are as writers.

Also, they are too familiar with the material. The guys who did up that procedure are not accustomed to thinking about how to walk people through things. They are so familiar with the procedure, they just don't see branch points because to them it's become so automatic they can't not pick the right course through the procedure. It doesn't occur to them that other people can't automatically recognize the correct path.