Re: What's MS Experience worth on your resume?

Subject: Re: What's MS Experience worth on your resume?
From: voxwoman <voxwoman -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "McLauchlan, Kevin" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 12:24:51 -0400

This has to do with the 9th Circuit Court ruling many years ago (2000? 2001?
1999? '98?). The contractors sued microsoft because they were denied stock
options and watched the "real" employees doing the same work one desk over
become millionaires while they just collected their paychecks. The Court
ruling found that since the contractors were continuously employed for a
long period of time (sometimes 10 or more years), they were de-facto
employees and then granted a large settlement.

The 100 days of layoffs is the loophole to keep from hiring real employees.
After the ruling, most US corporations started similar practices.

-Wendy