RE: Display, Displays, or Appears

Subject: RE: Display, Displays, or Appears
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: "'McLauchlan, Kevin'" <Kevin -dot- McLauchlan -at- safenet-inc -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2008 12:29:13 -0700

> From: McLauchlan, Kevin

> What about some of my faves that I inject into this discussion on a
> regular basis?
>
> Manifests (de-manifests/obscures)
> Coalesces (dissolves/deliquesces)

"Deliquesces"? Just kind of rolls of the tongue, don't it?

> I think that those could be especially apropos for (say)
> Compiz/Beryl on
> Linux, or maybe even Vista with maximum eye-candy and effects enabled.
> As for that last clause in your paragraph, it actually "does
> any number
> of things depending on [Windows'] mood(does nothing)". Your mood (or
> mine) has little effect, except sometimes to spur it on to greater
> depths of depravity... or indifference... but that way lies a rant, I
> fear.
>
> Ahem.

Actually, "it" does what it will do without knowing our human language.
Depending on my mood, I will interpret what "it" does with the terms that
suit me at that moment.

================

> From: Keith Hood

> How about "blossoms"?

"Blossoms"? That's the money maker (or blooms), but don't forget (loses its
bloom).

I have more:

Develops(crashes)
Comes into use(deprecates)
Flowers(withers)
Peaks(dips)
Spawns(de-spawns)
Is born(dies)
Emerges(descends)
Erupts(extinguishes)
Materializes(dematerializes)
Rises(sinks)

I'd better stop now, but there's more...

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList