Re: Fun with Word

Subject: Re: Fun with Word
From: "Edgar D' Souza" <edgar -dot- b -dot- dsouza -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: TECHWR-L <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2008 15:59:33 +0530

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 9:15 PM, Geoff Lane <geoff -at- gjctech -dot- co -dot- uk> wrote:
> Perhaps, then, I misinterpreted Edwin Skau when he wrote, "Ditto when
> someone knocks MS Word, specially when they share details." I inferred
> from his analogy that he felt Word to be beyond reproach and the
> software equivalent of "great music", something that my experience
> tells me it isn't!
>
> Using Mr Skau's analogy for a moment, Word is more like Ms Spears. It
> does a passable job most of the time but is disposed to occasional
> "tantrums", often when they are least convenient!

I don't really know why - continental shift? - but when I read Eddy
Skau's post, I immediately assumed it to have just this meaning - that
people could say Britney's a great musician, but he wouldn't believe
it; and people could call Word a good and flawless tool, and he'd just
chuckle and shake his head. I've been kind of bemused by the fact that
people seem to be taking it in exactly the opposite sense. I mean, who
(with an IQ above 30, and more than a few months' experience using any
version of Word) wouldn't know it was flawed?

Perhaps the fact that I've actually met Eddy helps a little - or maybe
I'm reading it wrong, too. Would be nice if Eddy himself piped in and
clarified... :-)

Cheers
Ed.
PS Hmm... An Ed, an Eddy... we don't have an Edd on this list, do we? :-P

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList