RE: Tech Writer Lawsuit?

Subject: RE: Tech Writer Lawsuit?
From: "Hemstreet, Deborah" <DHemstreet -at- kaydon -dot- com>
To: "Geoff Hart" <ghart -at- videotron -dot- ca>, "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 10:16:15 -0400

I am perhaps expressing my ignorance, but when I read this article, I
was stunned.

Where I lived in Israel - I always insisted upon, and received, pay
based on the hour. My reasoning - if I work overtime pay me for it - if
not, don't pay me for it. Hourtime was based on total number of hours
per week, irregardless of hours worked per day.

When I came here to the US, I began working independently. I am also
contracting with other companies. The same rate of pay is applied.

Since when is it "standard practice" to expect technical writers to work
as indicated in this article? Is this indeed standard practice and I am
the happy exception?

Curious people want to know...

Deborah

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList