FrameMaker PDF Index Hyperlink Issue

Subject: FrameMaker PDF Index Hyperlink Issue
From: "Eric Thomas" <ethomas -at- ftdi -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2008 10:31:11 -0500

I have a strange issue that maybe someone else has encountered. I'm
trying to figure out the answer before I do a change that may require a
lot more cleanup (though that solution looks like the obvious one).

One of the files in my FrameMaker book starts with an exclamation mark
(I used it so it would be at the top of my Windows Explorer windows when
I sorted). Originally, I was going to rename the file, but it just
seemed easier at the end to just snap it in to the book. All seemed well
- until the index was created and a PDF was generated. For all other
chapters, the index entries turn into working hyperlinks. But for all
index markers in this chapter, when you click the index hyperlink,
there's an error looking for a PDF named the same as that chapter (that
is, the book PDF is called Mercury.pdf and when you click on one of
index entries for that chapter, it tries to open !Chapter.pdf, which of
course doesn't exist).

My thought is that the exclamation mark is causing this behavior, as
nothing else is different about this chapter. But before I rename the
chapter and have to redo all of the cross-references between chapters,
I'm hoping I can get a definitive answer (or at least some gut feels
that I'm right). Of course, this is a chapter with a lot of cross-refs
to and from it, which means it's probably a couple of hours of work to
see what's up with it.

Thanks.
-Eric

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList