Re: Definition of Tech Writer, was STC is broken

Subject: Re: Definition of Tech Writer, was STC is broken
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 21:44:21 -0700

Not having "writer" in the US Labor definition is evidence of collusion
between the STC and the governmemt. Writer is not needed in the
definition, but not because they're maroons (technical sense, low IQ),
but quite the contrary, because they're blithering criminal masterminds
poised to pull off the latest crime of the century. They are planning to
offshore technical writing. All of it.

In anticipation of someone someday asking "Why?", let me now invite you,
my hounds, to follow the money.

Doing away with tech writing in the US:

o will give US high tech companies a respite from our high wages.

o will breathe new life into STC, bringing in membership dues of a
bazillion ESL conscripts questing for the secret tricks and handshakes
of a tech com-mi-you-n'k8r. Intercom back-issues and reprint sales will
soar.

o will put an end to the whole "communicator" debate here at home,
because it is a strawman, purpose-built and set into motion to keep us
busy while they get the true and nefarious master thing done.

Please wake up. Yo, we're gonna be spaced!

Sign me,

Just kidding, otherwise unable to
grasp a writer-less definition in
Seattle