Re: Definition of Tech Writer, was STC is broken

Subject: Re: Definition of Tech Writer, was STC is broken
From: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>
To: "John Hedtke" <john -at- hedtke -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:15:26 -0400

I'm more of a Technical PITA these days. ;-)

Some technical communicators don't write well and some technical
writers don't communicate well outside of writing. Then again some
technical writers architect information but not all information
architects are technical writers. These days, not all techncial
writers write, technically.

And though I'm having fun, I'm being serious.

I don't see a ROE in lobbying to change the title on the labor books.
I'd rather see the effort spent on documenting the exceptions as
subclasses to the job, whatever it's called.

--
Bill Swallow
Senior Member STC, TechValley Chapter

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList