Re: STC is broken?

Subject: Re: STC is broken?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "techwr-l List" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 08:01:14 -0700

Even during the height of the boom the most interest I ever
had in STC (other than the job listings) was my local chapter
meetings and the informal happy hour "schmoozes" the local
chapter put on. So I would say that in my case, the emphasis
on online material and SIGs has definitely reduced STCs
usefulness to me. As Bill said, you can find most of the
online material yourself; getting out of your company's
writing silo and hooking up with other real, live writers and
managers is priceless

Gene Kim-Eng