Re: How would you resond to this interviewer?

Subject: Re: How would you resond to this interviewer?
From: Beth Agnew <beth -dot- agnew -at- senecac -dot- on -dot- ca>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:09:41 -0400

I hear a tiny alarm bell ringing, but if you need/want the job, that may
be irrelevant. If she really is only interested in the formatting, I
wonder if the position isn't more about making some content gotten from
somewhere just look acceptable. And does she really know what the
position entails? She may appear to know, as the project lead, but we've
all worked for employers who really didn't have clue one about what we
can and should be doing for them. Given that it's a small company, it is
even more likely that you could end up with responsibilities other than
just content development. Are they going to expect you to format
marketing collateral as well?

Suppressing your internal groan was probably the best response. The
question is, how are you going to respond if they offer you the job?
--Beth

Beth Agnew, Professor
Co-ordinator, Technical Communication Program
Seneca College of Applied Arts & Technology
Toronto, ON.

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList