RE: active vs. passive voice

Subject: RE: active vs. passive voice
From: "Leonard C. Porrello" <Leonard -dot- Porrello -at- SoleraTec -dot- com>
To: <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 15:20:36 -0700

I think you've taken me out of context. Just to clarify, I agree that
you need to put the important stuff first and never suggested anything
to the contrary. The thing I suggested putting second is of little
consequence. If the reader never gets around to reading it, oh well, no
big deal.

Leonard C. Porrello

SoleraTec LLC

www.soleratec.com

________________________________

From: Fred Ridder [mailto:docudoc -at- hotmail -dot- com]

> (B) "1. Click <New Entry>. The New Entry window will appear."

Why introduce the future tense? I don't see that it adds any
meaning. In fact, it seems to dissociate the result from its
cause because it carries some implication that the appearance
of the window might not be immediate.

And it still doesn't address the objection of the people who
believe that the verb "appear" is somehow supernatural
because it is the opposite of "disappear".

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList