Re: Has anyone ever sponsored a VISA to allow attendance to a trainingclass?

Subject: Re: Has anyone ever sponsored a VISA to allow attendance to a trainingclass?
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "John Posada" <jposada99 -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 08:17:22 -0700

You would be writing a letter that states the person has
paid the necessary fees for a training workshop and is
registered to attend the sessions. There is no other
capacity in which you can "sponsor" the person's visa,
the rest of what the person has to do to get a visa (fill
out forms, submit them to local US embassy/consulate
with passport, etc.), is not your problem and what that
person actually does once he/she arrives in the country
is out of your hands.

In your position, I would just verify the membership
number and name match, put the person's name on
the registered attendee list and send the letter.

Gene Kim-Eng