RE: When all they ever wanted was ....but we gave them a tree

Subject: RE: When all they ever wanted was ....but we gave them a tree
From: "Peter Gold" <peter -at- knowhowpro -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 08:39:34 -0500

"Dori Green" <dgreen -at- associatedbrands -dot- com> wrote:

***********
Daniel, I have a similar audience. I'm in rural upstate New York and
some of our factory workers were born here but are functionally
illiterate. They know their jobs and are good at them, but some
operations must be broken down into their simplest and most direct one-
or two-page versions with pictures and circles and arrows.

Hi, Dori:

Does this mean that Arlo Guthrie set a tech-writer standard for that
geographic area, when he wrote "Alice's Restaurant?" <G>

Regards,

Peter
Peter Gold
KnowHow ProServices