Re: RH: Conditional Build Tags and Role Security

Subject: Re: RH: Conditional Build Tags and Role Security
From: Rick Stone <rstone75 -at- kc -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: Kelly Lucey <kelly -dot- lucey -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 13:53:47 -0600

Hi Kelly

Unless you are creating multiple output types from the single source,
Conditional tagging will not assist in linking to user roles. From what
you have posted, it would seem you are looking for an ability to rather
dynamically define the help at the time the user views it. Conditional
Tagging only aids in defining what is included in your output.

For user security roles, you would probably be well served to
investigate merged WebHelp. Using merged WebHelp, you could then have
security applied to different components in the merge and control things
that way. Fellow Adobe Community Expert Peter Grainge has some really
good information on Merged WebHelp on his site at the link below:

http://www.grainge.org/pages/authoring/merging_webhelp/merging_method.htm

Best of luck to you... Rick :)

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList