Re: Anyone have a boiler plate Reviewer Comments sheet?

Subject: Re: Anyone have a boiler plate Reviewer Comments sheet?
From: Ned Bedinger <doc -at- edwordsmith -dot- com>
To: Susan Herrin <susan -dot- herrin -dot- us -at- gmail -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:06:47 -0800

I think you want to avoid sounding detached or patronizing. If you know
your users, you shouldn't have any trouble being very specific about
what sort of comments you're inviting, because you know how they use the
documentation and what sort of issues they might have with it.

But anyway, the last time I did this, I think I settled on something
general like this:

Please submit official comments about this document to <emailaddress>.
All official comments are logged and evaluated before the next document
update.

Your unofficial comments and questions are also welcomed. Email or
voice message your contact information if you'd like a call back from
the Technical Writing staff responsible for this document.

<manager or lead tech writer email>
< phone>