RE: Financial crunch - need advice

Subject: RE: Financial crunch - need advice
From: "Sharon Burton" <sharon -at- anthrobytes -dot- com>
To: "Blount, Patricia A" <Patricia -dot- Blount -at- ca -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 07:49:46 -0800

Contact any Alt papers in your area and see if they need writers. I write
for a local one occasionally. (go check out www.ieweekly.com for my latest
piece. I'm rather pleased with it.)

Read several issues and then contact the editor and ask if you can "do
something on spec". You write it and then send it to them to see if they
like it. If they don't, then there you are. If they do, then they buy it.

The pay is not great, but depending on what you're writing, it's not hard
writing. You may also have small local magazines that need articles. You may
be able to write a piece few days once you get the hang of it.

Also contact any large local companies and ask if they have company
newsletters that need articles. Or someone to work on the company
newsletter. Or take pictures at their events. Or...

We do words. It's a skill that people will pay money for. You just have to
do the footwork for find the places that need the words.

sharon

Sharon Burton
CEO, Anthrobytes Consulting
951-369-8590