Re: Interview Follow-Up

Subject: Re: Interview Follow-Up
From: "Gene Kim-Eng" <techwr -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "Bill Swallow" <techcommdood -at- gmail -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2008 11:10:47 -0800

I try to look for clues on this during the interviews. Some
companies do all their communications electronically, and
if your interviewer invites you to call or email, snailmail
may make you look slow. And then there are some
companies that move at warp speed. I've had interviews
where voicemail to schedule the second round was waiting
for me when I got home from the first round and the offer
was made over dinner after the second round. No time
even to send email.

As a hiring manager/interviewer, these days thank-you
followups from candidates come so rarely that when one
comes in the manner of its delivery or even its content is
secondary to the positive impression made by the mere
fact that it came at all.

Gene Kim-Eng