RE: [TCP] Problems with Excel

Subject: RE: [TCP] Problems with Excel
From: "Lauren" <lauren -at- writeco -dot- net>
To: "'Al Geist'" <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>, <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 12:01:20 -0800

> From: Geist

> I click either the spreadsheet file name, or the desktop
> shortcut and Excel
> opens, but I'm staring at a blank (gray) area where the
> spreadsheet should
> be and the term "Ready" is displayed on the status bar at the
> bottom of the
> window.

It's every file? Have you checked your memory and storage settings? Maybe
your hard drive is full or you have some caching issue. Excel does use a
lot of memory and it will suffer from memory issues sooner than other
applications, but Access is worse. If you try to run Access and it pukes,
too, then memory is probably an issue.

Have you tried opening other files from shortcuts that use memory-intense
applications?

You may also want to check "personal.xls," if you have it. It is a
spreadsheet that stores personal settings, at least in older versions of
Excel, anyway.

You've probably checked your macros and security settings, but make sure
that you check those if you haven't.

Lauren

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList