new laptop

Subject: new laptop
From: Amy Sennesh Vastola <asv -at- nycap -dot- rr -dot- com>
To: techwr-l -at- lists -dot- techwr-l -dot- com
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 14:29:23 -0500

Hi, I have been lurking, reading the digest for about one month. I am a
tech writer returning to IT after a hiatus doing other things. Will
probably work on a contract basis at least to get started again.
I am wondering if a Windows system is necessary for contracting. The
Adobe TW suite only runs on Windows, but my comp. sci. major son is
urging me to get an Apple or run Linux on a Dell (Dell will be selling
laptops pre-loaded with Ubuntu, according to an article on
slashdot.org) and just use some emulation software as needed that can
simulate Windows within another operating system. Anyone have any
experience with a non-Windows laptop? I would love to escape from
Windows, but need to be practical.
Amy Vastola

http://www.DocToHelp.com/TechwrlList